Expectations and Policies
Math Binder (folder, paper, notebook)
Chromebook or text book
Book to read
You can access your student's grades through Standardscore. If you do not have a login/password please contact Mrs. Coleman in the front office.
Homework will most likely be checked two or three times per week. This grade may or may not go into the grade book. However, checking homework lets me know that students are understanding the material and doing what is expected of them.
4 - Work is readable, every problem has been honestly attempted, and work is shown.
3 - Work is readable, some problems were not attempted, or not all work is shown
2 – Work is readable but incomplete
1 – Work is not readable or only half the work necessary is completed. (This grade will be considered a late assignment. Please refer to the late policy in the event your child scores a 1 on an assignment)
All homework is posted in Google Classroom. Student's should also be writing their homework down in their assignment notebook each day.
Extenuating circumstances – If for some reason your child was not able to get his or her homework done due to an unforeseen event, please write me a note explaining why your child was not able to complete the assignment on time. I will be happy to extend the due date for him or her. All you have to do is let me know.
1) Every student will get one freebie per quarter.
2) A second missed assignment will result in a verbal warning and will be due the following day.
3) A third missed assignment will require the student to stay after school until it is completed.
4) A fourth missed assignment will result in a detention.
1) Tests - If a student scores a two or a one on a test, he or she can do corrections to raise the grade. The student has one week to do so from the day the test is handed back. The new grade will be calculated by finding the average between the old assessment and the retaken assessment.
2) Quizzes - If a student scores higher on the End of Unit Assessment than on the Check-Up's, the grade on the Check-Up's will be raised to match the End of Unit Assessment grade.
1) Be prepared to learn 2) Be productive 3) Be responsible 4) Be appropriate 5) Be respectful
Classroom Management : Three strikes you're out
Strike 1 - Name gets written down
Strike 2 - Check mark next to your name
Strike 3 - After school detention
*If a student gets his or her name written down 3 times in one week, he or she will receive a detention.
*There is no arguing with the teacher. If a student does not agree with something the teacher says or does, he or she may speak with the teacher at the appropriate times.
If a student is absent for any reason, he or she is responsible for making up the work that he/she has missed. Homework they have missed is posted in Google Classroom. When the student is finished they need to hand it in. For each day absent, the student will receive an extra day to complete the work missed. The student also needs to be working on any new work as well. He or she may have double the homework when he or she has returned from being absent. If a student does not understand the work, I will be able to help him or her after I have instructed the rest of the class, after school, or during lunch. Again, It is the student's responsibility to make arrangements with me.